Monday, October 8, 2007

Birds in the laneways


I forgot to mention that tomorrow night (tuesday 8th), i'm doing projections for the opening of the Sydney Laneways project - which supposedly marks the 'revitalisation of Sydney's laneways'...

At any rate - there will be drinks and music in Albion Place tomorrow night from 6 till 8pm. Albion Place is off George St, near the cinemas. This will also be the opening of Albion Place's 'window boxes' - sortof lightbox-shaped but not necessarily lightbox constructions along the laneway. The inaugural exhibition in these new thingamys is curated by the very wonderful Knot Gallery tribe.

I made the projections for this event from some of the animations I was working on during my time on the Imaginary Places residency at Banff. They are sort of static video states with only the wind to power them. I like the intermittent motion of them, and the clean lines of the silhouettes. Sun, grass, birds and wind.. can't beat 'em.

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Hi Kirsten,

Owen (your partner in crime at Kiama high) put me on to your work which I really like. You must be so happy about your project with Fiona. Anyway I thought you might also like http://territoiredessens.blogspot.com/

Keep up the good work at Milkwood -it's inspiring stuff.

Tanya

the june fox said...

aw thanks tanya - yay for that link bigtime! Yep, pretty stoked about fiona - just been going thru some trials in life so a bit slow on the uptake of that project, but i cannot, cannot wait - say hi to owen for me? xk

Anonymous said...

Just surfing around the blog world. This is a great read; I'm adding you to my Google Reader feed!