Monday, March 13, 2006

wrestling with fish and photoshop




i have just spent an entire day trying to prep photos of cicada's current work-in-progress MOB for inclusion with an article for realtime - aye carumba - .... I put up the set of shots from the installation on our flickr here and I'm hoping to get the cicada site in good shape by the end of this week so I can stop feeling inept in my attempts to explain this beautiful but tricky and ongoing project. hurrah.

I have earnt me a tea and a biscuit - such is the nature of nana days here while I get thru my piles of work...

trying to get some stuff in the bag before next wave launches tomorro night and all beautiful hell breaks loose with interesting things to see and do... incidentally Nick was helping install our friend Tim Webster's work which is showing as part of next wave's 100 points of light program today... yep... three people standing on Swanston St, the main street of Melbourne city, trying to look official as they 'installed' large boards full of electronic circutry into the public rubbish bins which line the main street... during a big fat pageant thingy and also the day before the commonwealth games opens...

no they didn't get arrested, but yes they had to explain to 5 different crews of police why they were placing electronics inside public bins... hmmm....

No comments: