Wednesday, October 4, 2006

weave 3 - reccy - my hill (Mt Fraser)

took the ute on a journey in search of a hill - in particular the one at the beginning of the hume highway, which turns out to be called Mt Fraser, and has the hamlet of Beveridge on its south side (and a nice open cut mine too..). Insanely windy day today so ended up scoping the site from all sides and deciding how to go about it... I found some fences that could function as weft+warp but I don't think its right for this one - the mesh is very intrusive in the image - but the graduations of green and blue on this hill is just perfect for my beginner mind... so will try tomorro with the frame and flyscreen and whatever is around there.... it's a very simple but organic shape, this hill....

I am feeling as if I'm moving away a little from the point of this exercise... that of framing a landscape.... I am not sure why - I'm pretty sure I'm not going off on a rambling tangent here... will wait till end of month to evaluate in full tho and for now, just keep trying out things... but I feel like there's not enough being considered here.



the hill from the north side, looking south-west



and i think what is the old hume highway infront...



looking south, from the other side of the Hume...



looking south again, this time from the side of the highway and over farmer brown's fence



hurrah for phone tower access roads! looking north-east and getting close...



the locals. big cattle-stud farm encirles the hill.



and contenders for the vista:












took some shots thru the fence... thought this might really work, but seeing it big on screen, thinking again...







and lastly - open-cut mine? what mine? no mines here...

No comments: